Numerous individuals and businesses in Andover and North Andover have turned to the business and contract lawyers at the Katz Law Group for experienced legal advice. Our lawyers have a wide-ranging practice that aims to protect your business' brand in whatever way is necessary and have nearly four decades of experience doing just that in Massachusetts.
Who We Represent
The Katz Law Group represents:
- Corporate executives
- Consultants and advisors
- Small business owners
- Franchisors, franchisees, and master franchises
We have provided individually tailored legal guidance to these parties in a wide variety of business environments. Just a few of the types of businesses that we have dealt with over our four decades in the practice in Massachusetts have included:
- Construction companies and home improvement contractors
- Doctors' offices
- Grocery stores
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Software companies
- Sporting facilities
- Tech startup companies
Each type of business comes with its own unique obligations and demands. The Katz Law Group has experience handling all of them.
The Legal Issues We Handle
Some of the most pressing and common legal situations that the business attorneys at the Katz Law Group have handled for clients in Andover and North Andover have included:
- Commercial lease disputes
- Enforcing commercial leases
- Breaking commercial leases
- Evicting commercial tenants, including for the tenant's failure to pay rent
- Assigning or subletting commercial leases
- Drafting contracts
- Enforcing a contract that the other party is breaching
- Modifying contracts
- Assigning contracts
- Dealing with oral or verbal contracts
- Defending against an allegation of a contract breach with one of the following defenses:
- Unfair trade practices
- Business internet defamation
- Issues with independent contractors
- Construction disputes
- Starting a franchise and operating it
- Reviewing the franchise agreement and disclosure documents
- Encroachment of a franchise
- Disputes over an employment contract
- Indemnity agreements
- Non-solicitation agreements and non-disclosure agreements
- Consulting agreements
- Non-compete agreements, including disputes over garden leave clauses, which now may be required under Massachusetts law
- Separation and severance agreements
While long, this list is not exhaustive.
The Court System in Andover and North Andover
In most cases, it is in the business' best interests to resolve a case outside of a courtroom without going through litigation. Mediation or arbitration are common dispute resolution methods.
However, there are times when business litigation cannot be avoided. The attorneys at the Katz Law Group understand this and are ready to see your case through to the end.
In both Andover and in North Andover, the courthouse that will have jurisdiction over your case will depend on the amount of money in dispute.
If less than $50,000 is at issue, the case will be heard by the Lawrence District Court in the Fenton Judicial Center at 2 Appleton Street, Lawrence, Massachusetts. If less than $7,000 is at issue, a magistrate at the small claims court can hear the case.
The Katz Law Group Serves Clients in Andover and North Andover, Massachusetts
If your business is facing the threat of litigation or you want to pursue your interests in the corporate field, call the Katz Law Group at (508) 480-8202 or contact them online for experienced guidance in Andover and North Andover, Massachusetts.