The Katz Law Group is a law firm of business and contract lawyers serving individuals and businesses in Wilmington, Massachusetts. With their savvy legal guidance that comes from nearly 40 years in the practice, clients in Wilmington and the rest of central Massachusetts have protected their business' brand and pursued their interests.
Business Lawyers With a Wide Practice Area
Businesses interact with the law in a huge number of ways. Because of that, the attorneys at the Katz Law Group have experience handling lots of different issues, including:
- Drafting contracts
- Enforcing a contract that is being breached
- Modifying a contract
- Assigning a contract
- Defending against claims that you are in breach of a contract, whether through the impracticability defense, the impossibility defense, the Statute of Frauds, or some other justification
- Oral or verbal contracts
- Business internet defamation
- Unfair trade practices
- Construction disputes
- Commercial lease disputes
- Enforcing commercial leases
- Evicting commercial tenants, often for failure to pay rent
- Breaking a commercial lease or assigning or subletting it
- Independent contractors
- Consulting agreements
- Executive contracts, including executive compensation agreements
- Non-compete agreements, including issues with garden leave clauses
- Non-solicitation agreements
- Non-disclosure agreements
- Severance and separation agreements
- Indemnity agreements
- Employment contract disputes
- Franchise issues, from starting a franchise to signing the franchise agreement to reviewing the disclosure documents to operating the franchise and protecting against franchise encroachment
We Provide Legal Services to a Huge Assortment of People and Businesses
Over the years, the attorneys at the Katz Law Group have legally represented lots of different types of people and businesses. Just a few of the individuals who have benefited from our legal guidance have been:
- Small business owners
- Corporate executives
- Franchisors and franchisees, including master franchises
The people have been involved in businesses that offer a huge variety of products and services:
- Construction companies
- Home improvement contractors
- Doctors' offices and clinics
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Software companies and startups, including information technology companies
- Sporting facilities
- Shipping and trucking companies
- Storage facilities
- Grocery stores
- Bars and taverns
The Court System in Wilmington
Generally, it will be in a business' best interests to keep matters out of court. If mediation or arbitration are not able to resolve the issue, though, the business lawyers at the Katz Law Group are prepared to advocate on your behalf in the courtroom.
In Wilmington, there are two courthouses that can hear your case. Which one will have jurisdiction will depend on the amount of money at issue.
If your case involves less than $50,000, it will be heard by the Woburn District Court. This courthouse is located at 30 Pleasant Street, Woburn, Massachusetts. There are also magistrates there that can hear small claims involving less than $7,000.
If your case involves more than $50,000, it will be before the Middlesex Superior Court at 200 Trade Center, 2nd Floor, Woburn, Massachusetts.
The Katz Law Group: Business Lawyers for Wilmington, Massachusetts
If you need legal representation or guidance for a business-related matter in Wilmington, call the Katz Law Group at (508) 480-8202 or contact them online.