The Katz Law Group has 35 years experience representing clients in the real estate industry and has extensive knowledge of state and federal laws that govern the industry. Our clients are owners, developers, lenders, investors, landlords, and other real estate professionals and entities. Real estate encompasses a breadth of legal issues that are both extensive and cross-over into other practice areas. We have organized our real estate practice into three primary areas: (1) Real estate litigation; (2) Commercial Landlord-Tenant Law; and (3) Leasing.
Real Estate Litigation
The real estate industry is always evolving and developing. At the Katz Law Group, we stay connected to the industry and informed of all new laws and cases that may affect our clients' cases. We have a wealth of expertise and accumulated knowledge to handle a broad spectrum of litigation issues that confront this industry.
Our real estate litigation practice pursues our clients' legal interests through the following services:
- Litigation, mediation, or arbitration of real estate disputes
- Prosecution and defense of a breach of contract
- Comprehensive guidance and representation of commercial evictions through summary process
- Prosecution and defense of a fraud claims in real estate transactions
- Prosecution and defense of a purchase and sale agreement disputes
Commercial Landlord-Tenant Disputes
There are few disputes that can be as stressful as a problem between a landlord and tenant. These disputes threaten a business's premises, continued operations, and reputation. At the Katz Law Group, we are dedicated to tailored guidance and strong advocacy to meet the needs of our clients. We take a strategic yet cost-effective approach to represent clients who are either a commercial landlord or commercial tenant.
Some of the cases we handle are:
- Breach of contract claims
- Breach of warranty of habitability disputes
- Holdover and nonpayment proceedings
- Commercial evictions through summary proceedings
- Hazardous storage claims
- Rent overcharge or nonpayment disputes
- Leasing property to competitors
- Leasing Disputes
Having experience representing both commercial landlord and tenant is to our advantage. Through analysis of the facts and application of the law, we can anticipate how either party may argue their case and craft our legal strategy around these informed assumptions. This process gives us room to be more creative and tactical with our negotiations, and, if required, trial preparations.
Massachusetts Real Estate Litigation Attorneys
If you are a commercial or residential landlord or a commercial tenant involved in a landlord tenant dispute we know what it takes to protect your rights and interests when a dispute arises. Contact the Katz Law Group today for a consultation.