Attorney David S. Katz was recently named a Super Lawyer by Thomson Reuters for 2022, the third year in a row that he has been recognized as one of the top business lawyers in the state of Massachusetts.
The distinction puts him among the top 5 percent of lawyers in the state, and recognizes his top-notch legal representation across a variety of fields related to business, contract, and employment law.
Distinction Recognizes Valuable Work Drafting and Negotiating Business Contracts
Some of attorney Katz's successes in the past year have been through his work negotiating, drafting, and handling contracts for his business clients, many of which are small businesses. With his help, businesses large and small have:
- Gotten difficult contracts declared void
- Enforced or defending against a breach of contract
- Modified contracts
- Assigned contracts to third parties
- Enforced oral or verbal contracts
- Ensured their contracts have complied with the statute of frauds
- Defended against contracts that were impossible or impracticable to complete
- Dealt with force majeure clauses
Whether through his work creating, negotiating, enforcing, or challenging these contractual provisions, attorney Katz has advocated vigorously on his clients' behalf and been recognized for excellence for doing so for the third consecutive year.
Legal Representation Includes Commercial Lease Issues
A significant portion of the legal representation that David S. Katz has provided in the past year has dealt with commercial leases. Much of this has had to do with the fallout from the coronavirus pandemic, as numerous businesses faced eviction for failing to pay rent. However, attorney Katz helped his clients – whether commercial tenants or the landlords they were renting from – in a wide variety of commercial lease disputes, including:
- Evicting commercial tenants
- Assigning or subletting a commercial lease
- Enforcing the provisions in a commercial lease agreement
- Breaking a commercial lease
Super Lawyers Distinction Also Lists Employment Issues
David S. Katz's Super Lawyers distinction also makes mention of his skills in employment issues, whether advocating on behalf of the employer or the employee.
Much of attorney Katz's employment representation has been for the business. There, he has helped companies avoid potential employment litigation and negotiated sensitive employment contract disputes.
However, David S. Katz has also made a name for himself as an effective lawyer for the worker, as well. In the past year, he has:
- Negotiated severance and separation agreements
- Challenged non-compete clauses, non-solicitation provisions, and non-disclosure agreements
- Helped top-level employees secure favorable executive contracts with enhanced executive compensation agreements
The Katz Law Group: Super Lawyers Representing Clients in Massachusetts
Attorney David S. Katz is honored to be named a Super Lawyer by Thomson Reuters for a third year in a row for his business and employment representation. Call the Katz Law Group at (508) 480-8202 or contact them online for effective and award-winning legal advice in Norfolk or Middlesex Counties, or in Worcester, Framingham, Marlborough, or the rest of Massachusetts.